Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chicago with Earth Wind & Fire


I've discovered that I'm too old to go to a concert on a work night! Last night we saw Chicago and Earth Wind & Fire at the White River Amphitheater with our friends John & Pam. Tim and I started the evening at Red Robin enjoying Happy Hour. Then we met up with Pam and John and loaded the school buses used as Shuttles to the concert venue. This was a unique experience for me, being a private school brat, I never got to ride the yellow school bus! The venue was really nice. The view of Mt. Rainier was incredible. The only downfall was that around 10:00 p.m. the wind changed and there was a lovely aroma provided by the dairy farm across the street. It was rather stinky! The concert itself had mixed reviews. These are amazing musicians that were at the top of their game in the 70s and 80s. There are still a few original members of each group, but its just not the same. It was fun to sing along with some old tunes, though. I'm really showing my age here, but when Chicago was touring their Chicago 17 album, I was in the Tacoma Dome with a lot of other screaming teenagers. I was 17 at the time. 20 years later I was at my second (and probably last) Chicago concert. At 11:30 p.m. the bands were still playing. We decided to throw in the towel and catch the shuttle buses back to our cars since we all had to go to work today.
Thanks John and Pam for the tickets and another fun experience for me to blog!

1 comment:

shelley said...

So, is this Chicago thing a feature on the city? Why would people travel across the country to talk about something in Illinois?

And earth, wind, and fire? Aren't those elements? I saw those in the "Fifth Element". The movie was pretty good, I really want to look like Leeloo when she's wearing that cool orange rubber outfit.

I don't understand why that would be fun to see at White River.

:)