I hadn't properly trained for this half marathon, and I know better!!! I finished, but my time was a true reflection of my lack of preparation. I'm still really proud of myself for getting out there and doing it at all. I earned my medal by completing all 13.1 LONG miles.
I've said this is my last half marathon. It's not the actual race that's the bad part, its all the necessary training that is required pre-race. It is a huge time commitment, not to mention a physical conditioning commitment. I love the sense of accomplishment when I've completed one of these events, I'm just not sure that out weighs the pains of training. I know for sure that I will keep running. I have a 5K scheduled for later this month and I have a 4.5 mile trail race scheduled for April. In June, I'm running the Seattle Rock & Roll, but this year only the 8K, another Half this soon was out of the question. I loved the course of the race last weekend, and I have a strong desire to improve my time and actually PR that route. Hmmmm.....There's always 2017.
Will I ever run another Half Marathon? Who knows. Only time will tell.....

No comments:
Post a Comment