I have a love/hate relationship with Match.com. I decided to give it one more shot in December; since my relationship with Mark had ended.
There aren't a lot of ways to meet age-appropriate single men, so I thought, "what the heck". I met and went out on a few first dates, but no love connections! I was getting really good at emailing, talking, and surviving the first date process. Progress!!
I was clear in my profile: I wanted to find someone who would make me laugh and be the type of guy I wanted to introduce to my Mama.
In January, I started emailing with this guy named Stewart. He was hilarious. I hadn't laughed that much in such a long time. We'd email a couple times each day and that went on for a few weeks. Finally we had a phone conversation and it lasted hours. That too was a daily occurrence and lasted more than a week. It was always entertaining, his sarcasm level might super-cede mine (hard to imagine, I know!) We finally set a date to meet. He was the same charming funny guy in person that he was on the phone. We've become pretty connected at the hip. We live 45 minutes apart and with my work schedule, that pretty much leaves the weekends for us to see each other. We talk, text, and email multiple times a day. He is so different from anyone I've ever dated (or married!). I can't explain it, it just feels perfectly comfortable.
He has met my Mom, she said he was nice and "quite handsome". My Mom is adorbs! I met his Mom and one of his sisters on Saturday. They are both lovely. His Mom turns 90 this weekend and she is a phenom!
Not sure why it took 48 years for me to find him, or him me. We both attribute it to neither of us being "ready" until now. I'd rather be with Stewart doing absolutely nothing than be anywhere else without him. I'm grateful for his presence in my life. I can't wait to see where this may go.....I've not had so much fun or been this happy in a long time!

No comments:
Post a Comment