Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Kirkland Shamrock Run

Last Saturday my friend Teresa and I ran the Kirkland Shamrock Run 5K. For someone who is 14 weeks pregnant, just moved the weekend before, and has an 18 month old toddler at home, it was AMAZING for her to get up on a Saturday morning and run with me.
The weather was pretty mild. There was a slight wind, but the big wind and rain didn't start until after the run, thankfully!
The run through downtown Kirkland was UPHILL for the first 2 miles. I'm not kidding. It was BRUTAL! The last mile was downhill, but too late to make up enough time for me to get another PR. I was only 1 minute off my PR time, but those hill killed my time.
Teresa finished 1 1/2 minutes before me. Not bad considering that the last time we ran together she finished almost 10 minutes before me! I've gotten better and her being pregnant worked in my favor! :)
After the run, "the baby" was hungry! Worked for me! We went to Hector's for breakfast - and a Mimosa for me! All in all, it was a great morning with a good friend and a little exercise!
Before the race at the "famous" Kirkland Cow & Dog statue.

The only photo during the run we are both in. Teresa passed me up this hill and I didn't see her again until the finish!
 

No comments: