Wednesday, March 06, 2013

A New Boat!

WHY? Because Tim wanted one! Seriously, that's the only reason. There was no need for us to get a bigger boat. Tim found a "great deal" on a Repo and decided it was his Dream Boat. Whatever! Me, being the good wife, went along with it and let him buy it. The only problem was that we were buying a new boat before we sold our old boat. That made me more than a little nervous! Thankfully, our old boat sold within a few weeks. Whew! The new boat, as a repo, needs some TLC. Tim has to keep reminding me as I am cleaning other people's dirt (and it is DIRTY!) that I am making $20,000+ in equity by cleaning it. That seems to be logical to me!
Her name is Scoring Points. I heard it was back luck to change a boat's name, so we are leaving it as is. She is a 1999 Sea Ray 400 Sedan Bridge. She is about 45 feet overall in length, has 2 staterooms and 2 heads (that's a bathroom in boat lingo!). There's even an electric pull out couch in the salon (living room) so we can technically sleep 6.
Our first boat adventure is scheduled for next month for the Daffodill Festival in Tacoma. Just wonder how much its going to cost us in gasoline to go through the lakes, the locks and to Tacoma and back. I'm frightened to even think about it!!!

No comments: