Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Passed!!!!!

This morning I passed my Series 9 Securities Licensing (Supervisory Options) exam! Whoo Hoo! (The photo is my celebration cocktail!)

That's 3 exams down and only one left to go! I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel, but it is still very faint. The Series 10 is the exam I have left, which is a 4-hour supervisory-level exam. Once that test is successfully completed, I will have met all of the hurdles for my new manager job at Merrill. It's been a long busy year, with lots of life changes.

I haven't blogged much lately. I've been really busy dealing with my Dad's estate, the year-end workload at the office, and studying for these exams. Last week I spent a few days in San Francisco taking a crash-course for these exams. The weather was a beautiful and sunny 60 degrees. I came back to all the nasty rain and wind here in Washington.

What else is new in the Babbitt/Lewis household?
Both Rose and Kaitlyn are finishing up Driver's Ed this week. Rose has been driving with her permit since last summer, but needed to complete Driver's Ed before she could get her license. I imagine that will be just around the corner. Kaitlyn started Driver's Ed and driving at the beginning of November. It is definitely a test of my patience (I fail that test frequently!) but she is doing pretty well considering the short amount of time. Unfortunately, she can't drive at her Dad's house as they only have stick-shift vehicles, so she's limited to the times she can actually get behind the wheel.

This weekend kicks off the Holiday Party season. Tim and I are going to a party on Friday night, Saturday night, and hosting my family Christmas party on Sunday afternoon. It will be a whirl-wind weekend. Next weekend is the Merrill Lynch office parties and hopefully we'll have some time to get together with our friends during the Season!

Tim is busy working and doing training. He spent part of last week in Yakima teaching a class for one of their customers. This week he's teaching a class in Kent.

We are busy little beavers, as is everyone else this time of year. I will try and be better about blogging and include photos in the future. Our kids are growing up so fast and look so different from last year's Christmas photo. I have to find time to sneak in a group shot for this year's cards. I'll just add that to the every growing list of to-do's!

No comments: