Thursday, August 23, 2007

In Loving Memory

Oscar W. Lundberg
May 23, 1929
to
August 19, 2007


It's been a really tough week with the passing of my Dad or as I referred to him so often "Daddy". A simple graveside service is being held next Tuesday in Shelton where most of his family and beloved wife are buried.

It's been a really sucky week with lots to do. My friends and family have been great. You really know who you can count on in times like this, and I have an AMAZING network of people in my corner! I have the love and support of a wonderful husband who is helping me as much as he can. My Merrill family has been extremely generous and supportive allowing me to grieve and plan without worrying about work. I have some of the world's most incredible friends who just want to make sure I'm OK and are willing to help out in any way possible. Although I'm going through a really hard phase of life right now, I realize how fortunate I am to have these people in my life.

Last night was Wednesday, and as anyone who has been around me for the last year knows, Wednesday was "dinner with Dad night". In the year since his wife passed away, we've had dinner every week. We probably only missed 6 weeks total all year due to illness or my travel schedule. Having the opportunity this last year to spend quality time with my Dad has been an amazing gift - memories that I will cherish forever.

A note to my Dad (I doubt they have blogs in Heaven, but I'm sure he can see into my heart.)
I loved you Daddy very much and know that you are in a better place, back with Darlene, and finally out of pain. May God keep you in His care and may you eternally rest in peace!

No comments: