Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Team UBS - Race For a Cure

This past weekend was the annual Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure run in Seattle. Team UBS once again participated in this 5k event. It was a beautiful but HOT day. By 9:00 it was already 72 degrees. The temps topped out at 93 that day. It was a scorcher!
Finish time was 29:29, not bad for not being in great running shape.

On May 28th I ran a Trail Run in Sammamish. It had rained a few days before and that morning. The trails were a slippery muddy mess! That race was really hard and I was really slow! About half way through I called Stewart and told him I was quitting. Problem is, once you are in the middle of the trail, there is only one way out, and that's to finish. I walked/ran the last 1 1/2 miles, finishing the dumb thing. I can't believe how much harder trail running is than "normal" road running.

Next race is June 18th's Seattle Rock N Roll 8K. I better get my rear in gear if I'm going to run 5 miles in just over a week. Ugh!

Then 2 more races planned for July - the "4 on the Fourth" in Steilacoom, and then a 5K trail run at Fort Steilacoom park on the 9th.

No comments: