Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Couch to 5k

So, 5 weeks ago I tried something I never thought I would do! I joined a Couch to 5k running class? Why? I needed to get my butt off the couch! I never have been able to run, so I thought I would try and if I failed, no big deal. I wanted to tell no one! Tim agreed to take the class with me, even though he could run a 5k in his sleep. The contract for the class required that I tell 2 people for accountability. I told Kaitlyn and my friend and assistant Emily. With their support and encouragement I made it through the entire class. It was one of the toughest things I have done.
Tonight was the last class. I ran 3 miles, the most yet. I have my 5K race coming up next month. My cheerleaders and Tim are running with me. My goal is to keep up the training and run the entire 5k. With this post I just took it public. No quitting now!

1 comment:

John said...

Very impressive Kris!!

John