Hallelujah! Tonight Terri moved out of ICU. She is truly a living miracle!
She has been in ICU for 20 days. That is just crazy!
Tonight was the first step closer to going home!
She is feeling much better, but obviously needs to regain her strength and mobility. The medications are helping her heart function. She still has to have dialisys since her kidneys still aren't functioning like they should. She is getting random fevers at night, but her tests are coming back OK. It's a concern, but no one seems to be too worried about it.
I can't believe the difference in just this week alone. Tuesday she was talking but her memory was still shot and she was continuing to see things that weren't there. Wednesday was a whole new Terri. I think I commented at least 4 times how different she was in 24 hours and how she was "Terri" again. I was so happy I cried on the way home.
Home is a relative term. I'm still staying at my Mom's during the week. I come home on weekends so I can wash the clothes, see my husband and dog, catch up on facebook and email, then repack for the week and back to Mom's. It has been great being able to stay only 12 minutes from work and about 20 minutes from the hospital. Beats the heck out of the 1.5+ hour commute to Puyallup!
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and encouragement. I think we are on the road to recovery!
2 comments:
That's wonderful news!!
XO, Teresa
Give our best to Terri. We didn't know until today she was in the hospital.
John
Post a Comment