This weekend Kaitlyn and I took a road trip to Portland to check out Concordia University. She attended a writing workshop, took a tour of the campus and spent about an hour with her admissions counselor. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. This campus has some of the nicest dorm rooms that I have ever seen. I was amazed at how big they were, especially compared to the rooms at Western! The only "maybe" about this college option is the size. It is tiny! The education program is only 4 years - including her teaching credentials, which is a big plus. It is a 5 year program at Western. That's one more year of tuition!
I know Kaitlyn will make the decision that is right for her. It's a tough choice and really scary when you are 17! She is a smart cookie and hopefully will have a very successful, fun, and happy college experience - whereever she decides to go!
After we did the college-thing, we had to do the shopping-thing! Heck, it is Portland and no sales tax! That just demands shopping! It was really fun spending 2 entire days with Kaitlyn. I have a feeling it will be one of the last times we have just Mom & daughter time for quite awhile!
Love you babycakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment