My little girl - the one that just went off to preschool carrying her stuffed Barney - is deciding on colleges. Where did the time go?
Tonight she heard from the 3rd school she applied to. She has now been accepted by all 3 colleges: Western Washington University, Concordia University (in Portland), and Pacific Lutheran University.
Concordia is courting her pretty heavily. They call and write regularly and even sent her a Concordia t-shirt. PLU has called a few times, but now that she's been officially accepted, the calls should be more regular. Both Concordia and PLU have offered her scholarship money, with more available if she gets into the Honors Program at Concordia or receives the Regents scholarship at PLU. Both of those would significantly reduce our/her out of pocket costs. Haven't heard much in the way of scholarship funding from Western, probably because it is a state school with much less funding. We're hoping they come through with some form of aid. I think that's where Kaitlyn is leaning.
As her Mom, I really don't have a preference. Any of these 3 schools are within a few hours driving distance. I can jump in the car and get a "Kaitlyn-fix" at any time. Plus, I like the fact that I can get her home just as easily if she needs to be around family - without the cost of a plane ticket!
Things should play out in the next few months. I can't believe she will graduate from high school in 5 short months. Wow!

No comments:
Post a Comment