Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!




It was a very laid-back Christmas day in the Babbitt/Lewis house! We got up and I made breakfast - cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole. Kaitlyn. Tim and I opened presents and just hung out. My Mom came over about 2:00 and we opened presents again. Then we had a killer dinner: turkey, 2 kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and ceasar salad. It was really good, but my kitchen was a disaster and I HATE to do dishes, which I did several times today. After vacuuming up the nasty wrapping paper bits and christmas tree needles, I am relaxing with Tim in the living room while Katie watches a movie in my room. Charlie will be here soon and Kaitlyn will open presents yet one more time today.

Rose and Derek came over on Wednesday night. We went out for dinner to Red Robin and then they came back to the house and opened their presents.

Christmas is so different now that the kids are almost grown. I miss the craziness and excitement of little kids at this time of year. I can't wait for about 10 years when I'm a grandma and get to have the little kid sensation again!

Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments: