Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sweet 16 !!!

It happened....my little baby girl turned 16!

Today was Kaitlyn's 16th Birthday. The morning started as all birthdays do, with her "beside the bed present". A tradition my mom started when my sister and I were little. There was always a small gift sitting beside our beds when we woke up on our birthday mornings.

She then opened her gifts from Tim and I. We then headed to get mother-daughter manicures. Then Kaitlyn had her hair cut at Gene Juarez and we did a little shopping (shocker!).

Her birthday celebration rounded out with dinner at Red Robin with 3 of her closest friends - the "new" fabulous foursome - M.A.R.K. - Mackenna, Amy, Rochelle & Kaitlyn. She opened some rather interesting presents too. Rochelle and Mackenna then came back to our house for ice cream sundaes and a sleepover. I highly doubt there will be much sleeping happening!

No comments: