Tuesday, September 11, 2007

She made VARSITY!

Kaitlyn has run track the last few years, but this is the first year she has gone out for the cross-country team. She's typically a sprinter, but has been preparing all summer by running 2 or 3 miles every other day with Tim.
Yesterday at cross-country practice, the girls had a time-trial to find out who would run on the Varsity team and who would be running on the JV team. When I picked Kaitlyn up her cheeks were red and I could tell she'd been running hard. When I asked her how it went, her first comment was "Mom, only 5 girls were able to finish the run". Trying to be supportive but not too pushy, I asked if she was one of those 5. A big smile swept across her beautiful face and she joyfully told me she finished 3rd, completing the 5k run with a time just over 24 minutes.
Congratulations Kaitlyn on making the Varsity Cross Country team!
Good luck at your first meet on Thursday in Orting. Run like the wind - but have fun too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kaitlyn!

John

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn you "Rock" -way to go girl! Have fun and enjoy the run- Auntie Terri