Saturday, October 14, 2006

So-Long....Farewell....Auf Wiedersehen

This morning I said "goodbye" to my dear friend Chris, as we loaded up the moving truck with her belongings and sent her off to Portland where she has a great job opportunity waiting for her.
I will miss her greatly, but due to the fact she finally broke down and bought a cell phone (which trust me is a MIRACLE!) we can chat whenever we want - for FREE since we both have Verizon.
Since Portland is just a mere 2 1/2 hour drive down the freeway, I'm sure we'll still see each other, but it won't be the same as walking a block down the street to see her at the bank or running into her and Lisa at lunch. Those spontanious moments I will miss, along with our 8:30 weekend breakfasts and poker tourneys.
GLUCK - GLUCK - GLUCK Miss Lyons on your new endeavors. Know that you are wished the very best and that I can't wait to come check out the new digs and actually be let in the door!!!!

2 comments:

shelley said...

just think...we'll actually be able to go INSIDE the place. can you even imagine the sheer joy of that feeling?

wow.

we will be like rock stars!

Anonymous said...

and we can buy our shoes tax free! I am now missing her a little less because we will be seeing her a lot more!

Very nice tribute to the bird lady.