Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Series 7 Survival

I get the BEST gifts!

This morning I received The Series Seven Survival Kit. The instructions read: "in case of emergency, break open kit! add ice, combine everything and toast to the wonder that is Lady Kristine!"

The kit contains sugar, a lemon, and best of all, Stoli Raspberry vodka.

Thank you Miss Mauss!

Some of you know that I started studying for the Series 7 brokerage license exam last summer. After getting through Chapter 8 in September, I threw the materials in a cabinet and ignored them, completely defeated!

Since I believe in keeping my commitments, I am starting over, fresh with the New Year. After a disaster with the Chapter 1 test this weekend, I needed a little encouragement; it came in the form of the Survival Kit this morning. I have also been promised a trip to Six Olives Lounge once I get through one quarter of the material. That's page 195 and I should be there by two weeks from Friday!

When I pass the test (notice I said "when" and not "if"!!!!) my wonderful hubby is going to spring for the Dooney & Bourke purse of my choice! That's big time. I better get to studying!

I am truly blessed to have such incredible friends and a loving supportive husband!

No comments: